Careeer Cruising

Career Cruising

Career Cruising is an internet-based career exploration and planning tool used by students at Mohawk to explore career and college options and also to develop a career plan.  All Ninth-Grade students research career information specific to their talents, skills, and abilities based on answers to 116 questions of their likes and dislikes to find careers that match up to their interests. Career Cruising can be accessed from school, from home, or anywhere where access to the Internet is available.  

The program features:

A.  Assessment:  world-renowned assessment tools to help students identify career interests, skills, abilities, and learning styles.

B.  Career Profiles: up-to-date and thorough information about hundreds of different occupations, including direct links between careers and related college programs.

C.  Multimedia Interviews:  interviews are conducted with people in each occupation, which adds depth and realism to each career profile.

D.  College and Financial Aid Information: comprehensive college and financial aid information, with a number of useful search tools to help students find college and scholarship information.

E.  Employment Guide: all stages of the job search process are covered including a job search plan, networking, writing resumes/cover letters, preparing for interviews, and adjusting to a new job.

F.  My Plan: students can develop an on-line portfolio that will reflect on academic, personal, and career exploration.

G.  Resume Builder: students are able to create, format, and print professional-looking resumes quickly and easily.  

To find out more about Career Cruising, we encourage you to login using the school’s access information:

1. Go to www.careercruising.com
  2. Username: mohawkpa
  3. Password: career
  4. Go to “Log-In” – Create my plan – fill out the required fields

If you have any questions regarding Career Cruising, please feel free to call Mrs. Miklos, Mohawk High School Librarian at (724) 667-7782, ext. 2163 for assistance.