Mohawk’s New History Teacher

This school year Mohawk Jr. Sr. High School hired a familiar face, Mr. Maiorano, to take over the void left by Mr. Mioni. Mr. Maiorano has worked in the school since 2012. He was also hired as the full-time head baseball coach last year after being an assistant for the past 5 years. Nick Maiorano graduated from New Castle High School in 2005 and Westminster College in 2009. He received his Secondary Education degree from Youngstown State University.

Mr. Maiorano began his career in the Elementary building working as a Paraprofessional.  He would later move to the High School working in the same role. In 2014 Mr. Maiorano was hired as the school’s Educator in the Home. In his time in the position, Mr. Maiorano would share several interesting stories. He would say, “my previous position put me in a lot of unique positions.” He continued, “Cris was such an inspirational student.  We once had a press conference at The Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh for the donation of three VGo robots for the children.” This summer, Mr. Maiorano was hired as a Social Studies teacher. He teaches three different subjects including: Civics 8, U.S. 9 and World Religions.

While he is not teaching Social Studies, Mr. Maiorano is coaching baseball for Mohawk. Last fall, Mr. Maiorano was hired as the Head Baseball Coach. Previously, Mr. Maiorano spent five years as an assistant for the Warriors.