The Arrow

The Arrow

• The Mohawk Girls Basketball team will play in a semifinal matchup this Wednesday against Bishop Canevin at 8:00 pm at Moon High School.

And Then There Was One

Zarek Duncan, Staff Writer

On Wednesday, the 15th and Thursday, the 16th, the seniors took to the stage. This year the senior class play presented “And Then There Was One”. The show was great for a good laugh. They had it all from people dragging people across stage to a Scooby-Doo style chase scene. Spoiler Alert!!!!! If you do not mind getting the plot twist keep on reading. The opening scene was with the maid Mimms, played by Geoli Yeager, looking for her husband, the butler, Clayhorn, who was played by Kai Bright. And it continued with each guest arriving. There was Dr.Prince, who was played by Cole Malone, Detective Horatio Miles, who was played by Lindsey Hetrick, Delores Biggs, played by Larissa Butch, Presley York the singer, played by Elizabeth Maravola and Morgan Allwine, Emily Plain, played by Natasha Burrows and Kylie Weston, Heather Starlett, played by Alex Hammers, Matthew Charisma, played by Dylan Strawhecker, and finally, Margaret LaRue, played by Sarah Richard.

All the guest arrive but one which is found ”dead” at the door. For the whole show Mimms and Clayhorn are moving the body so the other guests don’t find her. The host only leaves a letter and an audio recording saying that each guest will die one by one, out of distress they turn off the recording and they don’t finish it. As each guest “dies” a chocolate soldier on the mantel disappears. First Margaret is found dead, the Presley “dies”, then Dr.Prince, Emily, Mimms, Clayhorn, Miles, and them Matthew. After matthew “dies” Delores and Heather stand off and Heather shoots Delores. When heather is finally relaxing thinking she killed the killer margaret pops up from behind the couch confused and figuring out she was knocked out because she tripped. In the order they “died” the guests come back on stage admitting that they faked death to not be killed. They eventually finish the audio message to reveal that they were writing the story and would be getting paid handsomely. The curtain closed on them realizing that only one chocolate soldier remained and the whole group of people begin to panic.

All in all, the show was a success and the audience seemed to love it. Tune in later in the year because rumor has it that “And Then There Was One 2” will be appearing on our very own stage. Will there be REAL murders? Will they fake their death again? Or will they be investigating a murder? Don’t miss it.