Pep It Up

Are you ready to get rowdy? Are you ready to win? The mighty warriors brought the spirit at the homecoming pep rally on Thursday, October 5, the day before the homecoming game.  As the students walked in and found their seats, the band played some of their most beloved pep tunes, such as Louie Louie, Gimme’ Some Lovin’, All I Do is Win, and the Penguin Cheer.  The event was hosted by this year’s MCs: Abbey Westcott, Megan Meyers, and Madison Shiderly.  This year, we featured a special event, Kiss the Goat. The students put money in jars set up in the cafeteria to vote for which senior they wanted to see kiss the goat. You voted, and you got what you wanted.  Alex Hammers and Devon Yarletts were the lucky seniors who had to lock lips with the billy.   Along with the fun of farm animals, there were many other activities that took place.  The Homecoming Court was announced at the assembly, as is done every year.   This year`s court consisted of Alex Hammers, Carlee Stelter, Kilye Weston, Morgan Allwine, Caitlyn Carnuche, and Meghan Johnson for the girls, and Cole Malone, Kasey McConahy, Walter Romano, Dylan Strawhecker, Ethan Strobel, and Decon Yarletts for the guys.  This year`s homecoming king and queen were announced at the end of the parade Friday, right before the homecoming football game.  This year`s king and queen were Walter Romano and Meghan Johnson.  After the court had been announced, the cheerleaders performed a cheer in which they flipped some of the girls over their arms.  After their performance, Abbey Westcott led the school in a rally to get hype over defeating the New Brighton Lions at the game the next night.  A “lion”, played by sophomore Dylan Lloyd, ran through the gym, and Devon Yarletts tackled him and carried him away.  Following the big lion, a smaller, much more canine lion appeared, but he, too, was quickly swept away.  MC Abbey Westcott got the whole student body to participate in the Rowdy Warrior Roller Coaster, even managing to coax the teachers into it, too.  The rally ended with the whole school doing the “I Believe” chant, led by, once again, Abbey Westcott.  It was a great way to pump up the spirit before the big game.