Homecoming 2021

Homecoming is a week-long celebration to increase school spirit and unity among peers and each year, students are always anticipating homecoming week.

Spirit Week

During homecoming week, Mohawk students show their Warrior spirit by dressing up each day of the week, following each day’s theme. This year’s themes included pajama Monday, twin Tuesday, western (cowboy) Wednesday, tie-dye Thursday, and then, of course, Mohawk Pride Friday.

The Big Homecoming Parade

A big tradition of the week is Mohawk’s homecoming parade, which was held before the big game against Riverside on October 1st. Mohawk’s marching band, fall sports teams, cheerleaders, student government, and clubs were all joined by area police and fire departments, along with other organizations that shape the Mohawk community.

Mohawk’s Homecoming Court

After the parade, the homecoming court walked across the field as announced:

Sidney Andrews

Sidney is the daughter of Marty and Cherie Andrews.
Sidney is the captain of the cross country team, she is also involved in swimming, track & field, NHS, FFA, 4-H, and STAT team.
After high school, Sidney plans to attend college to receive an undergraduate degree in animal science and later a doctorate in veterinary medicine.

Ayden Leslie

Ayden is the son of Tom and Ranee Leslie.
Ayden is the captain of the cross country team, he is also involved with the Wilmington Area ice hockey team, along with the track & field team and NHS.
After High School, Ayden plans to attend college to major in psychology.

Sydney Cardella

Sydney is the daughter of Stephen and Kimmie Cardella.
Sydney is a part of the chess club, along with FBLA and the Spanish Club.
After high school, Sydney plans to attend Clarion University to major in psychology.

Blake Lloyd

Blake is the son of Melanie and the late Michael Lloyd.
Blake is a member of FBLA, Spanish Club, and Health Careers Club.
After high school, Blake plans to attend college and is undecided about his major.

Kristen Clark

Kristen is the daughter of Roxanne and Bob Clark.
Kristen is a part of the soccer team.
After high school, Kristen plans on furthering her athletic career and also plans to study marketing.

Carter Fritzley

Carter is the son of Kelli Wells and Brandon Fritzley.
Carter is involved with the varsity football team and the track & field team. He is also the vice president of FBLA.
After high school, Carter plans to attend college to major in business.

Mikenzi McBride

Mikenzi is the daughter of Amanda and Michael McBride.
Mikenzi is involved with peer leaders, NHS, and health careers club. She has been cheerleading for ten years and is the midget cheerleading coach. Mikenzi is also the president of FBLA.
After high school, Mikenzi plans to receive a bachelor’s degree in science then to go on and receive a master’s degree to become a physician’s assistant.

Boden Leslie

Boden is the son of Tom and Ranee Leslie.
Boden is involved with NHS. He is also a part of the varsity football team, the Wilmington Area ice hockey team, and the track & field team.
After high school, Boden plans to attend college to study physical therapy.

Paige O’Dell

Paige is the daughter of Dione and John O’Dell
Paige is a member of the health careers club and the cheerleading squad. She is also the midget cheerleading coach, along with the treasurer of FBLA.
After high school, Paige plans to attend college and pursue a career in radiology.

Marc Conti

Marc is the son of Laura and Marc Conti
Marc is a member of the varsity football team, the baseball team, and the health careers club, FBLA, and peer leaders.
After high school, Marc plans to attend college. He is undecided about his major.

Angie Retort

Angie is the daughter of Ed Retort
Angie is a captain of the cheerleading squad. She is also involved with peer leaders. She is also a midget cheerleading coach and secretary of FBLA.
After high school, Angie plans to attend college to become a nurse practitioner specialized in dermatology.

AJ Carnuche

AJ is the son of Renee and Tony Carnuche.
AJ is a part of the varsity football team along with FBLA.
After high school, AJ plans on attending college for civil engineering.

Your 2021 Homecoming King and Queen!

Last year’s homecoming king, John Ostapowicz returned to Mohawk to crown this year’s king and queen, for last year’s queen, Nadia Lape, was not able to attend. John then crowned the 2021 homecoming king, AJ Carnuche and the 2021 homecoming queen, Sydney Cardella.

Friday Night Lights

On Friday night, the Mohawk Warriors destroyed the Riverside Panthers 37-0 leaving them 0-5 for the season ending the week with a bang.

The Dance

At the very end of the week, on Saturday, October 2nd, Mohawk students got all fancied up to go to the parent-sponsored homecoming dance at Highland Meadows Farm where they danced the night away.