2019 Top Ten

The class of 2019 had plenty of outstanding, hardworking students. Here are the top ten of those amazing students.

Valedictorian: Samantha Huston 

After graduation, Samantha will attend Youngstown State University for forensic science. During her time at Mohawk, she was in Spanish club, NHS, peer leader, extreme leader, and academic games. Samantha says her experience at Mohawk was good and she’s grateful for the teachers who helped her and wanted the best for her. Samantha’s advice for students who want to make the top ten is to take challenging courses that interest you and it’s okay if you don’t make the top ten because you got a good education.

Salutatorian: Jack Issac 

After graduation, Jack will attend Princeton University for mathematics. During his time at Mohawk, he was involved in marching band, concert band, jazz band, pep band, small ensemble track, cross country, boy scouts, academic games, PMEA, and NHS. Jack describes his Mohawk experience by saying “It was good, they held me back academically but we aren’t gonna say that here.” Jack’s advice for students who want to make the top ten is to take as many classes as you can. 

3. Morgan Gleghorn  

After graduation, Morgan will be attending the University of Kentucky for marketing and finance. during her time at Mohawk, she was softball, NHS, peer leaders, academic games, and reading competitions. Morgan says she had a great Mohawk experience. Her teachers have all been helpful and pushed her twords her full potential. She had great opportunities here including college in high school.  Her advice on making the top ten is to take classes that you love but also challenge you so you can be the best student possible.

4T. Shannon Lombardo 

After graduation, Shannon will be attending the University of Houston for computer science. During her time at Mohawk, Shannon was involved in marching band, jazz band, concert band, pep band, small ensemble art club, NHS, peer leaders, civil air patrol, and big sisters. Shannon says she made a lot of friends and band made her high school experience what it is. Shannons advice to make the top ten is to not take study halls, it isn’t worth your time.  

4T. Arron Smith

When Arron graduates, he will attend Slippery Rock University for cybersecurity.  At Mohawk, Arron was involved in Concert band, marching band, small ensemble, boy scouts, musical, academic games, NHS, and chain reaction. Arron says his experience at Mohawk was tiring but good and the music depart was great. Arrons advice to make the top ten was “most classes mostly revolve around the homework.” 

6. Madyson Dailey 

After graduation, Madyson will attend Penn State Univesity veterinary school and biomedical science. At Mohawk, Madyson was involved in NHS, peer leaders, concert band, marching band, pep band, golf, musical, Spanish club, and small ensemble. Madyson describes her time at Mohawk as a growing experience and very memorable. Madyson’s advice to make the top ten is to take whatever classes you want and don’t worry about making the top ten.  

7. Molly Fitzsimmons 

After graduation, Molly will attend The American Musical and Dramatic Academy for musical theater.   During her time at Mohawk, she was in the musical, concert band, marching band, jazz band, pep band, Spanish club, PMEA, chain reaction, NHS, peer leaders, and small ensemble. Molly describes her experience at Mohawk as good and fun but stressful. She made a lot of good friends and memories and the music department shaped her experience for the better. Molly’s advice to make the top ten is to take the classes you want because making the top ten doesn’t matter. 

8. Frank Conti  

After graduation, Frank will be attending Grove City College for mathematics. During his time at Mohawk, he was involved in TSA, Spanish club, academic games, peer leaders, NHS, football, baseball, and the arrow. Frank says his experience at Mohawk was awesome. He’s glad to have met so many people who have helped him become the person he is today. He hopes to stay in touch with them as he moves to the next chapter of his life. Frank’s advice to make the top ten is to take as many classes as possible and don’t take a study hall. 

9. Sabrina McClain (missing from photo)

After graduation, Sabrina will be attending Malone University for nursing. During her time at Mohawk, she was involved in French club, Spanish club, health club, cross country, track, and NHS. Sabrina says her experience at Mohawk was “all a blur, I don’t remember anything.” Her advice for making the top ten is to prioritize your work and have free time later. 

10. Gianna Monaco 

After graduation, Gianna will be attending Slippery Rock University for secondary education. During her time at Mohawk, she was involved in dance line, concert band, pep band, track, NHS, peer leaders, senior class officer, and FCCLA. Gianna describes her time at Mohawk as good but stressful and the music department was really good. Her advice for making the top ten is to take the classes you want to, but make sure you’re challenging yourself.